Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

The past two weeks have been extremely busy for me, and having a three-day weekend is excellent for detoxifying and catching up on some needed sleep.

But Happy Valentine's Day to all, regardless of if you are single, married, engaged, attached, or 'it's complicated.' I hope that your weekends are enjoyable even if you're on a getaway with your significant other or hanging out with friends at the mall.


Yesterday was the start of Fashion Week in Bryant Park- and while we're all still excitedly awaiting what is to come the following week, from what I've been seeing so far (from left to right- Georges Chakra, Yigal Azrou, and Nicole Miller), I've fallen for geometric and radically designed tops. But of course we'll see what is to come. I envy all and any of you who have had the honor of attending any sort of Fashion Week. :)


Last week (a reason why I haven't been able to update), I went on a snowboarding trip up to the Southern California mountains with some other friends and family members. Our cabin (top right) easily fit 30 people- the picture below is the great room when you enter. The picture next to it (top left) is a view from the backyard- it's very woodsy, just like Robert Frost's poems. The picture on the bottom right was the hill at Bear Mountain, where I went snowboarding and the picture in the bottom left is an adorable little snowman that we made while we waited for the trunks and luggage to be loaded into the car right before we left and came back home.



In my epistemology class, we recently discussed beauty. This is how we (as a class) were able to define for ourselves who is beautiful or not: if [insert name of person you think is beautiful] were to appear without make up and dress up just like you and walked into the same school/work place as you, would you notice them? While most of us would agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I've come to realize that there are rarely any movie stars out there that may be defined as truly beautiful, regardless of what generation they're in. As a consensus, my class agreed that perhaps the most timeless female beauty we agree on is Audrey Hepburn.


If you were to pick one person (male or female) who you thought represented timeless classic beauty, who would it be?

Happy Valentine's Day and kisses to all of you!

10 comments:

  1. Heyy
    Happy Valentine's Day.
    Audrey Hepburn is beautiful, I don't know if I would be able to pick someone. That's tough.
    belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    Audrey is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey would be my pick of course. But I do adore YSL as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would pic Audrey or Brigitte Bardot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting blog you have here. Happy Valentine!

    Timeless beauty, hmm... I've always liked Kim Basinger. And Demi Moore. They're truly timeless because they don't seem to get old! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (belated) V'Day! The topic of timeless beauty is a very tricky one...I think Kat Dennings of Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist is absolutely gorgeous because she never appears to be wearing that much makeup, and has such distinctive features!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous collages!
    Happy Valentine's Day (albeit a bit belatedly)!

    I love Ms. Hepburn too - I have a book about her called "Audrey Style" - you must get it!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Valentine's! Snowboarding sounds like soo much fun, and I love that you all agreed on Hepburn. In terms of the men, I guess George Clooney or Johnny Depp, they have always appealed a range of female generations, so I guess its timeless good looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to completely agree with you Audrey of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the nice comment :)
    Hope you had a lovely Vday.

    Cool blog, keep in tuch if you feel like it

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete